Position Title: Makerspace Student Engineer
Contact: Jonathan Frey | email@example.com
Description: The Makerspaces at William & Mary is seeking undergraduate students from all disciplines interested and talented in prototyping and manufacturing to assist in the operation, maintenance, and interdepartmental training within the growing number of makerspaces on campus such as the Makerspace Center and Makerspace Laser Lab located in Small Hall, the Makerspace in Swem Library, the Makerspace Satellite at Tribe Square, the Mason Makerspace Satellite and elsewhere.
The Makerspaces at William & Mary is committed to building a culturally diverse cohort and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented candidates.
ADA Considerations: This job requires the ability to lift 60pounds, push and pull carts, reach, stoop, and climb step stools to retrieve and shelve objects. This job also requires the use of hand tools for maintenance and repair.
• To upkeep, maintain and improve the makerspace facilities and equipment
• To maintain proficiency at all available productive toolsets as well as to train members of the William & Mary campus on use and maintenance of such equipment both on-site at Makerspace locations as well as at user locations across campus.
• To promote the makerspace community through continued development and outreach efforts, and participation in live streaming and collaborative efforts
• To contribute to ongoing makerspace engineering projects & interdepartmental makerspace use for curricular & extracurricular needs
• To promote and help coordinate campus wide makerspace efforts and programs
• Proficient at 3D Modelling & Design with Autodesk Fusion 360
• Experience with Varied Prototyping
• Ability to handle physically demanding tasks such as lifting 60lbs, moving, and assembly of machines
• Ability to teach and convey prototyping skills and science
• Experience with Safety Protocols
Hours: 10-20, Some weekends and evenings
Pay Per Hour: $12.00
Anticipated Start Date: Hirings occur at end of spring semester for next academic year